Saturday, December 27, 2014

Looking Ahead to 2015 in Second Life


The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Eleanor Roosevelt

  

Well, I’ve closed out 2014 in Second Life (SL) with my look back. 

It’s now time for me to look ahead into the New Year in SL and see what mischief I can get up to.  (Significant Other gently reminds me to keep all mischief out of Real Life (RL)!)

This is my one shot each year to think about what I want to accomplish inworld both in terms of work and the tone that I set in this blog.  (Believe it or not, there is always a plan.  Whether or not I stick to it is something else altogether.  Significant Other mumbles something about why can’t I just follow football like all the others.)

My intentions for this year are several.

First, I want to quit being an obituary for sims that are closing inworld.  Yes, I’ll still
mention them but I want to focus on the creativity and dynamism which is what SL is all about. 

Next, I want to step away from Linden Lab’s issues.  They’re not exactly listening to me.  Whatever is going to happen there will happen and I can’t prevent it.  I want to spend more time blogging about the worlds which comprise SL. 

Finally, I want to be more hopeful in my writing about SL in the New Year.  There is still so much I haven’t discovered and I want to bring as much of it back to my readers for as long as SL is around. 

Permit me to be more specific.

I’ll focus more on the inworld communities and the people who reside there.  Several readers have commented that they’d like to hear more about SL’s residents.  I’ll do my best here.  (Hey, if you don’t like it, tough!  These folks took the trouble to let me know what they’d like to see.  Send me your comments and I’ll do my best!)

I want to visit more new sims, meet new people, and have new experiences.  Then I want to want to write about all these and share them.  Several readers have admitted to living vicariously through my writings.  (This does add some pressure.)

There are a couple of series in my blog that I either began and haven’t returned to for a while or haven’t started at all.  I want to return to these.  Sex and the Single Avatar and Shoemaker’s Children are two examples.  There’s also a boat trip across the Grid with
several friends that I want to start and complete in 2015. 

I also have several outstanding stories that I need to complete as well as a SL user to be found somewhere in Antarctica. 

Overall, I want to be more hopeful, focus on the fun inworld, and avoid the Dark Side in SL.

From a technical perspective, I have several goals.

I plan to overhaul my blog’s form and function.  (I’m open to suggestions so please send them in.)

I’ll continue my experiments with social media as they seem to be bringing in new
friends and readers.

My use of pictures in the body of my story will continue as well as new ways to use them.  Once again, this was at the request of readers.

To wrap up my SL plans for 2015, I plan to have more fun and ignore the siren calls to the rocks of despair inworld.

Life’s too short!

So, to all, Happy New Year!

I hope to see many of you on the Grid in the New Year! 

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives.         

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

          If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
please click here.

          Open roads and kind fires!

No comments: