Saturday, December 19, 2015

Where Does Your Road Lead in Second Life?


 

I am much inclined to live from my rucksack, and let my trousers fray as they like. 

Herman Hesse

  

          Winter draws nigh where I live. 

          The long nights with their deepening shadows tend to make me somewhat more introspective than usual.  (Significant Other’s eyebrow arches on the words “than usual.”)


This time I take to wondering where do all the other wanderers in Second Life (SL) head off to in their journeys. 

          I know my reasons for wandering inworld.

          Wandering in Real Life (RL) is no longer practical or desirable.  (Significant Other nods approvingly.  Sometimes I get it right!)  But, I do love the journey for the sake of the j
ourney and I enjoy scribbling about my travels.  (I even have three loyal readers who enjoy reading them too!) The lure of new places, new friends, and new experiences is always there for me.

          Ergo, I wander inworld!

          Of late, I’ve begun to wonder about the others who travel the highways and byways of the Grid never calling one place home, never leaving anything behind but memories of themselves.  Are their reasons for journeying similar to mine, are they different, why?     

          Wandering in SL is a very solitary occupation.  Yes, you meet others as you travel about but generally they tend to stay where you find them.  As in RL, they have commitments that keep them tethered in one place.

          The people of whom I write are not those who come to build, or role play, or join a community but those who yearn for the open road like I do.

          So, I’m going to ask those who travel across the Grid like I do to write me with their stories about why they wander, or meet up with me inworld. Better yet, why not come with me for part of my journey.  (I still need a crew for a voyage across the seas of SL after my
last crew jumped ship on me!)   

          As I wander across the Grid, the old saying, “Not all who wander are lost.” Always comes back to me.  While different from RL, SL still gives me that experience of wandering without a map.  (I ignore Significant Other’s comments about knowing that experience as well.)  Many of the people whom we would meet in our RL travels are already here inworld.

          Why not come out and join us?  

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

          If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
please click here.


          Open roads and kind fires!

 

No comments: